BC JADE May 24 2013
May 24, 2013
Today we discover the last gemstone in our Spirit Collection, BC or Nephrite Jade. It is one of Canada's beautiful resources found mostly in the northern mountains. Nephrite Jade is the historical Chinese Jade, or Stone of Heaven, revered by the Chinese for more than 5,000 years. Nephrite is prized for its special qualities — its extreme toughness, (the toughest of any natural stone), its alluring translucency and its smooth polished feel.
The name nephrite is derived from the Greek nephron, meaning kidneys, because it is said stone has a power to cure kidney diseases. The Maya's believed that it staved off wounds. In Ancient China, nephrite was cut into heart shapes and worn on the chest. It was thought to protect against external and internal wounds. We choose it for our Spirit Collection for its calming and relaxing effects. This heart stone is recommended when working with abused or rescued animals.
Chakra associations: heart
Common alternative names: greenstone
Common sources: Canada. USA, China
Astrological association: Cancer, Libra
Some recommendation for BC Jade in animal healing:
* calms and soothes aggression.
* helps animals settle into new environments.
* gives strength to newborns.
* anger and aggression
* past abuse.
* rescue animals.
* releases the stresses in an animal that render it aggressive.
* ability to calm and soothe the mental states that provoke the animal to act violently.
Some associated healing attributes of BC Jade for Humans:
* good for protection.
* chronic bladder infections, incontinence, kidney problems
* general health and metabolism.
* immune system and adrenal glands.
* helps bacterial and viral infections
* stress-related physical conditions.
* good for yin/yang balance
* brings wisdom and inner peace
* calming and relaxing
* protects against aggression.
* helps the wearer maintain his own identity even in difficult situations.
* hope and personal happiness
Nephrite chemical composition: a silicate of calcium and magnesium.
Color: pure white to all different shades of green.
Hardness: 6 to 6.5
Purification and cleansing when the stone becomes cloudy under warm running water. Recharge by placing in the sunlight for a few hours.
*A special thanks and recognition to all of the great writers in this field.
My information is a compilation of bits and pieces from the many books and online information out there. I am so grateful for all of the insight.*