Body Collection: Black Tourmaline
Beautiful Tourmaline comes in many colours of the rainbow. A high iron content is what gives Schorl or Black Tourmaline it's deep dark colour. Schorl accounts for approx. 95% of all the tourmaline in nature. The name schorl has been used since the late 1400's. Named after a town in Saxony Germany, where black tourmaline was found in nearby tin mines. It is a Shamanic stone chosen to provide protection during ritual work. Black tourmaline has a very complex chemical composition. One of its most distinguished properties is its ability to become electrically charged simply by heating or rubbing the stone. It truly is a " feel good " stone. Most people can actually feel its effects within minutes. In this dimension our treasured pets have become our little sponges. They pick up all our negative stuff. Support them by using Black tourmaline on their collars and in their bed.
Some recommendations for using Black Tourmaline for animal healing:
* protection for negativity
* pain and stiffness in the joints and limbs
* background radiation
* sponge effect
* detoxifying, cleansing effect on the body
* sense of touch
Some associated healing attributes of Black Tourmaline for Humans:
* great grounding stone.
* a feel better stone.
* good for practicality, creativity, intellect, protection and vitality.
* helps clumsiness.
* protects against radiation.
* realigns the physical body.
* protects against emotional negativity.
* balances and regulates hormonal levels.
* muscle strains and pains.
* skeletal problems.
* prevents the " sponge " effect.
Black tourmaline Chakra association: base chakra.
Common alternate names: schorl, afrisite.
Common sources: Brazil, Pakistan, India, USA
Astrological association: Capricorn
Chemical composition: silicate of boron and aluminum with high concentrations of ferrous iron and hydrogen
Colour: Black, Brownish black, Greenish black, Bluish black.
Purification and cleansing: black tourmaline does not absorb or keep the energy within. It changes the energy from bad to good. If your stones start to look dull, cleanse in cold water, sea salt in your favourite bowl, or in the sunlight for a day or moonlight overnight.
* A special thanks and recognition to all of the great writers in this field. The information we share is a compilation of bits and pieces from the many books and online information out there. I am so grateful for all of the insight. Our recommendations are based on that knowledge and not a guarantee of change.*