Body Collection: Smoky Quartz
Smoky Quartz beautiful variety of the quartz family and can vary from grey to warm brown, light and clear to an almost "solid" looking black/brown. The coloration is due to natural radiation occurring in its environment. Some stones can be smoky in color because of the presence of sodium. Excellent specimens are currently found in Brazil, Switzerland, the Himalayas, and Mexico. In the U.S., fine elestials and sceptors are found in Nevada. In Alpine countries, rosaries are made from the smoky quartz found there because of its protective properties.
Some recommendations for using Smoky Quartz in animal healing:
* the stone or essence will have a very quick calming, grounding, almost sedative effect on an animal that is suffering from active shock or trauma.
* very useful for an animal when change is going to take place.
* helps with nervousness, and stressful situations.
Some associated healing attributes of Smoky Quartz for humans:
* shock and trauma
* survival instincts
* male energies
* stone of protection, grounding
* helps with moving forward in life
* good for legs, knees, ankles, hands and feet.
* relaxation, sedation and meditation
* helps with negativity, anger, depression, despair and grief.
Smoky Quartz Chakra association: base or root
Common alternate names: carnigorm
Common sources: brazil, Madagascar, USA, Australia, Switzerland, Mexico
Astrological association: Sagittarius, Capricorn
Chemical composition: silicon dioxide. It is a member of the quartz family.
Color: a smoky grey to warm brown to almost brown/black translucent stone.
Purification and cleansing: you can cleanse smokey quartz under warm running water. Recharge in the moonlight or among other crystals.
* A special thanks and recognition to all of the great writers in this field. The information we share is a compilation of bits and pieces from the many books and online information out there. I am so grateful for all of the insight. Our recommendations are based on that knowledge and not a guarantee of change.*